Once Upon A Time
Our second annual gala will be an evening of festive merriment as guests are taken back to the Nineteen-teens and the beginning of the Roaring Twenties and the Jazz Age when:
Henry Ford developed the modern assembly line.
- Charlie Chaplin debuted his trademark mustached, baggy-pants Little Tramp character.
- World War I broke out and a truce was declared on November 11, 1918.
- Prohibition began in the United States in 1919.
- The modern zipper, the first pop-up toaster, and stainless steel were invented.
- The first Jazz music was recorded.
- D.H. Lawrence publishes Sons and Lovers.
- Artists Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse became influential.
- The major sport was baseball and the most famous player, Babe Ruth.
- 1920 - Women are given the right to vote.
- 1922 - Construction begins on Yankee Stadium in NYC.
| Cortile Level Sponsors:
- Building Restoration Corporation
- Briggs and Morgan
- Collaborative Design Group, INc.
- Mairs & Power
- The Saint Paul Hotel
Courtroom Level Sponsors:
- Associated Bank
- Ideal Printers
- District Energy St. Paul
- Leonard, Street and Deinard
- Harrington, Langer & Associates
- Winthrop Weinstine