Once Upon A Time—Landmark Center Gala
Friday, November 7, 2014
5:30 to 10:00pm
$125 per person
Black tie optional. Period costume encouraged.
Let us Thank our 2013 Gala Sponsors:
Once Upon A Time: Stunning Architecture
Saint Paul’s castle is 112 years old, and Minnesota Landmarks is poised again to celebrate Landmark Center’s timeless presence in the heart of our capital city with a grand celebration on Friday, November 7, 2014.
Since That Time: Inspiring Art
Minnesota Landmarks preserves, manages, and programs Landmark Center as a dynamic, historic, art and cultural center
that is accessible and welcoming to all.
At This Time: Remembering History
Our second annual gala will be an evening of festive merriment as guests are taken back to the Nineteen-teens and
the beginning of the Roaring Twenties and the Jazz Age when:
- 1913 Henry Ford develops the modern assembly line.
- Charlie Chaplin débuts his trademark mustached, baggy-pants Little Tramp character in Kid Auto Races at Venice in 1914.
- World War I broke out and a truce was declared on November 11, 1918.
- Prohibition began in the United States in 1919.
- The first modern zipper, the first pop-up toaster, the first crossword puzzle, the army tank, and stainless steel were invented.
- The first Jazz music is recorded.
- D.H. Lawrence publishes Sons and Lovers and Willa Cather publishes My Ántonia
- Artists Pablo Picasso and Henri Matisse became influential.
- The major sport was baseball and the most famous player was Babe Ruth.
- 1920 - Women are given the right to vote.
- 1922 - Construction begins on Yankee Stadium in New York City, often dubbed the House that Ruth built.
Questions regarding sponsorship or attending as a guest, please contact Georgia at 651-292-3295 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Funds raised will support Landmark Center as an historic landmark and its variety of accessible arts and cultural programs.
For All Time: Iconic Presence
Comments from guests at the 2013 Inaugural Gala:
- Best of all the event was different from anything else that is being presented in Saint Paul that I have attended. I think you have a winning formula – of a meal and program in four acts.
- Congratulations! The inaugural gala last night was nothing short of magnificent! Everything about the evening was first rate and high-end. The decorations in the building were beautiful, the size of the crowd was just right, the food and service were terrific, the program was fun, and the entertainment was spectacular.
- I still can't believe how relaxed and easy the whole event felt, especially the socializing at and around our own dining table. The vegetarian meal was delicious. I also really enjoyed the performances.
- Friday was an awesome wonderful evening. Great job! Thanks for all your hard work! Can't wait for Gala II
- Loved the entertainment! How fun to hear songs from the era about Saint Paul and Minnesota.
- The aerial act was a wonderful finale. No one else has the setting for something like that.